Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Flip M3 for another platform? RS3? TT-RS? 718? M2?

Hey guys,

So I'll be getting my M3 back soon (seriously this time) and I'll enjoy it for a bit before likely parting it out and selling it or trading it in.

I'm wondering what platform to invest in next. I have the Porsche 911 covered for now but maybe a TT-RS or RS3 wouldn't hurt? Or maybe a 718 for further Porsche development?

I could even do an M2 Competition I guess.

The goal is just to bring in the most traffic and have a platform that benefits the forum. Obviously E92 M3 modding and E9X modding in general is way past its prime.

Thoughts?
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Out of those I’d pick M2 comp, just because it’s newest. Could set some M2 records. S55 tuning is really hitting the sweet spot, since obd was finally cracked. Pure stage 2, fbo, E85, hitting 700whp+. RS3 is already been done. 718 sounds like turds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    May just sit on it and see if the G80 is interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
    May just sit on it and see if the G80 is interesting.
    Wise, sedan to go with the 911.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you want two coupes, don’t forget about upcoming mid-engine Corvette.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    If you want two coupes, don’t forget about upcoming mid-engine Corvette.
    Doubt I Would be able to make a big dent in corvetteforum but maybe. It all depends on pricing and it may be out of reach.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Put a dent in the Supra forums. Kinda a cross forum car, with the BMW powerplant.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Put a dent in the Supra forums. Kinda a cross forum car, with the BMW powerplant.
    Probably the most logical choice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

Rs3 or ttrs for sure. Come get a ride in Anthonys and youll fal in love.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    RS3 or ttrs for sure, forget the wheel spin, they hit ~700 awhp on hybrid turbo + E85, engine trans stock.

i drove the cayman 718, laggy laggy

M2 = heavy = 3637 lbs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd go for the TTRS, much more rare, stupid easy power and traction, more nimble than M3, unique interior and solid tech. Only thing that annoyed me was rs3 has more driver assistance features than TTRS. Sure its haldex AWD but still amazing for the price, jumping to torsen awd in the RS5 costs 85k+! Mint TTRS can be had for 60-65k. Plus any development will benefit rs3 and ttrs.

718 might have the driver feel advantage but power is slouchy and will feel like a downgrade esp since you have a 911.

I almost pulled the trigger on one but opted for my M6 CP since I wanted a cushy ride for longer trips.
    2011 997.2 Turbo S Cab/GT Silver Metallic on Black/TPS DSC/Speedtech Muffler

2007 AW/Beige E92 335i 6MT / JB4 / E85 BB backend / IC / DCI / DPs / ER CP / Forge DVs / Meth(off) / 335is/550i Clutch / MFactory Steel SMFW / NGK Step Colder Plugs / BMS SSK/UUC KNOB / M3 Front Control Arms / Solid rear arms / Tein SS-P Coilovers / M4 18" in PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

My thoughts are to tell me before you sell it. Let me see if I can get my 135i sold and I'll buy the car. I've always wanted a SC e92.
    DocRace 6266 - AD-E 650HP Intercooler - DocRace Intake Manifold - Fuel-It Stage 3 - 560whp @ 20psi on 93 octane only

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xShadows Click here to enlarge
    My thoughts are to tell me before you sell it. Let me see if I can get my 135i sold and I'll buy the car. I've always wanted a SC e92.
    I appreciate that sentiment but this isn't your standard E92 M3.

High boost supercharger, upgraded fuel system, ethanol tune, upgraded trans, American Racing headers, valved exhaust, roll cage, coilovers, meth injection, tcu tuning, and stuff I'm missing.

I'm just saying this isn't an M3 with an SC kit. Not trying to discourage you or anything.
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wtfmateim65 Click here to enlarge
    I'd go for the TTRS, much more rare, stupid easy power and traction, more nimble than M3, unique interior and solid tech. Only thing that annoyed me was rs3 has more driver assistance features than TTRS. Sure its haldex AWD but still amazing for the price, jumping to torsen awd in the RS5 costs 85k+! Mint TTRS can be had for 60-65k. Plus any development will benefit rs3 and ttrs.

718 might have the driver feel advantage but power is slouchy and will feel like a downgrade esp since you have a 911.

I almost pulled the trigger on one but opted for my M6 CP since I wanted a cushy ride for longer trips.
    It's good advice I just don't think I would make any money based on tuning or part development since it's essentially done.

What would I offer to the platform?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I appreciate that sentiment but this isn't your standard E92 M3.

High boost supercharger, upgraded fuel system, ethanol tune, upgraded trans, American Racing headers, valved exhaust, roll cage, coilovers, meth injection, tcu tuning, and stuff I'm missing.

I'm just saying this isn't an M3 with an SC kit. Not trying to discourage you or anything.
    Oh, I've seen your build thread and all the crap you've been going through with it. I'm aware of everything that's done to it, only reason I'd consider buying an already modded one. Click here to enlarge
    DocRace 6266 - AD-E 650HP Intercooler - DocRace Intake Manifold - Fuel-It Stage 3 - 560whp @ 20psi on 93 octane only

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh, I've seen your build thread and all the crap you've been going through with it. I'm aware of everything that's done to it, only reason I'd consider buying an already modded one. Click here to enlarge
    Plus I haven't driven it lol.

Ok, I'll keep you in the loop if you're serious. Need to get some fresh tires on it before it comes home. Also the HRE's polished.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Plus I haven't driven it lol.

Ok, I'll keep you in the loop if you're serious. Need to get some fresh tires on it before it comes home. Also the HRE's polished.
    Cool, PM me some pictures and a rough price if you decide to sell it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool, PM me some pictures and a rough price if you decide to sell it.
    I'll send you the pics once it's back in the garage plus whatever other details you want. I plan on putting it on R888R's.

Maybe I fall back in love with it? Who knows. 700 whp from an 8500 rpm V8 likely has that effect. Maybe I just say here you go for a good deal.

Going to be interesting for sure!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

I'll send you the pics once it's back in the garage plus whatever other details you want. I plan on putting it on R888R's.

Maybe I fall back in love with it? Who knows. 700 whp from an 8500 rpm V8 likely has that effect. Maybe I just say here you go for a good deal.

Going to be interesting for sure!
    Yeah, I'll be doing my e85 tune shortly on my ST 135i. Will be 700whp easy. Don't want to get anything slower. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, I'll be doing my e85 tune shortly on my ST 135i. Will be 700whp easy. Don't want to get anything slower. Click here to enlarge
    DCT + all boost up top ensures it can only be faster Click here to enlarge

I'm seriously interested in experiencing a blown S65 on E85 for the first time myself. Highway monster!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

DCT + all boost up top ensures it can only be faster Click here to enlarge

I'm seriously interested in experiencing a blown S65 on E85 for the first time myself. Highway monster!
    Should also run low 10's high 9's in the 1/4. I'd be curious to see how it does!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@!ty tires, holy noise, no traction. Stick with Nittos IMO. I hated those r888r on my M4, pulled it off in a couple of days and went to Nt01.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Personally I would get the RS3 or TTRS. Probably the RS3 for the 4 doors when you already have the 911.

Otherwise i really like the the Genesis G70 or G80 with the twin turbo.
    Cadillac V2 CTS-V - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X

Honda S2000 AP1 - White on red - 9000rpm vtec bruh

Porsche 991.1 PDK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah the Supra gets my vote by far. Should also help build site traffic etc. An M2 is just...well an M2.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
    $#@!ty tires, holy noise, no traction. Stick with Nittos IMO. I hated those r888r on my M4, pulled it off in a couple of days and went to Nt01.
    I'm talking about R888R's not R888's

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast